“Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana is not just about merely building houses. This is a significant step in making the dreams of the poor come true,” Narendra Modi, Prime Minister.
The ‘Housing for All by 2022’ mission is halfway through its deadline. Since its announcement in 2014, several schemes have seen the light of the day. A major step in this direction was the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) launched in June 2015.
Recently, to give a further boost to affordable housing, the Reserve Bank of India raised the housing loan limits under priority sector lending (PSL) for economically weaker sections and lower income groups. With this, buyers in metros can now avail home loan of up to Rs 35 Lakh as against up to Rs 28 Lakh earlier. Similarly, in other cities, buyers can avail loans up to Rs 25 Lakh as against Rs 20 Lakh earlier.
The push to affordable housing is evident from the three-fold growth in the number of houses constructed since April 2017.
So, if you want to apply under PMAY, here’s a ready reckoner. There are four components under which a person can claim benefits by proving his eligibility:
In-situ rehabilitation: Applicable for individuals who stay in slums and do not have a pucca house.
Beneficiary-led construction: Applicable for individuals who have their own land and want funds to construct/enhance the existing home.
Credit-linked subsidy scheme (CLSS): This particularly for mid-income groups (MIG).
Affordable housing in partnership: Applicable for individuals who neither have any land nor can afford a home loan.
How to apply?
The manual way
- Get registered under the scheme at Common Service Centers (CSCs) facilitated by your respective state government. At this step, you have to pay a registration fee of Rs 25 plus GST.
- While registering, fill in details like name, area, Aadhaar card number, and so on in the application form.
- After submitting the form, you will receive an application number which can be later used to track the status of the application.
- Login to http://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Select ‘Citizen Assessment’ option at the top of the menu bar
- Select one of the two options — Slum Dwellers or Benefit under other 3 components
(Note: Benefits under 3 components include credit-linked subsidy, affordable housing in partnership, and subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancement.)
- Enter your Aadhaar number to proceed
- Fill in all the required details in the application form
- Save, print the application, and note down the application number for tracking the status.
How to track application status?
If you are an existing applicant of PMAY and want to track your application status, here’s our step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Log on to the official website of the PMAY – www.pmaymis.gov.in
Step 2: Select the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option at the top.
Step 3: Select the ‘Track Your Assessment’ status from the menu.
Step 4: Once you select the option, you will be redirected to a page with two options — By Name, Father’s Name and ID Type or By Assessment ID
Step 5: Select the relevant option to track your application status.
Step 6: If opting for the first option, enter your state, city, district, father’s name, ID type, and your registered mobile number.
Step 7: If using the assessment ID number, you just need to key in your ID and registered mobile number to track the status.
For queries related to CLSS, contact:
National Housing Bank (NHB): 1800-11-3377, 1800-11-3388
The Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO): 1800-11-6163