Kelambakkam is an important junction connecting the ECR (East Coast Road) and the GST (Grand Southern Trunk) Road; from Kovalam to Vandaloor Zoo. It also connects Mamallapuram and Adyar. From Kelambakkam, locations connected include (Thiruporur, Mamallapuram, Adyar, Vandalur Zoo, Tambaram, ,George Town, and Tidel Park). Kelambakkam has been a popular market for adjoining villages like Velichai and Pudupakkam. Today, Kelambakkam is better known than neighbouring Thiruporur.Kelambakkam has a bus terminus.
Bus terminus Distance:
• Kelambakkam to Layout - 3.5km
• OMR to Layout - 1.5 km
• Layout to Thiruporur - 6.0km
• layout to Kovalam - 7km.
• SSN Eng.College
• Fomra Eng.College
• VIT (Vellore Institute of Technogy
• Susihari International School
• Hindustan University
• Jagannath Vidyalaya CBSC school
• Chettinadu Hospital
• Sabari Inn
• Fully Gated community.
• Complete compound walls are provided.
• In and out Gates are provided.
• Latest High quality street lights are provided.
• 40 Feet and 30 Feet Tar roads are laid in High Quality.
• Electrical lines are provided in all street areas.
• Sweet drinking Ground water